Thread: Gran kids.
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 06:24 AM   #4
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Buster, back when my sister used to talk to me, she would make me feel guilty about the fact I denied her son a Godfather (by divorcing my husband).

But despite not having any kind of relationship with him, I have tried to make things right.
When he was a child I used to get thank-you letters. I knew they were grudgingly squeezed out. I've always loved to write, but even I had to be nailed to the table (left hand only of course) to write mine back in the '70s.
Then I received generic ones, printed off on the computer with names and presents added.
Then texts from my sister.
Now? Nothing.
After my effort and saving up for his 18th? Nothing.

Perhaps if I lived closer I'd have more of an impact on his life.
The family have always, always focused on his sister, my niece. He's been left behind IMO, but then things like not acknowledging that your Aunt saved up half of her benefit cheque for your present doesn't help.
He's not school oriented. New laws mean he has to stay in school until he is 18, but he could have tried to get an apprenticeship, a trade, something other than the classroom work he obviously hates. No. Dad works in an office, Mum in a classroom, YOU WILL STAY IN SCHOOL.

We'll see what happens.

I feel for you, having love and care but not necessarily influence, or at least not success.
All I can say is that my niece did the unthinkable by getting herself pregnant at 16, had two bonny boys and is now acing a University course.
Sadly that's ended up as another, "Why can't you be more like your sister" stick to beat my nephew with, but it shows things can change.

Worst comes to worst he can come live with me.
Send me your problem grandkids too. I'm a stable influence.
Hahahahahahahahaha.