Thread: Censored Posts
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 09:35 PM   #33
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

In some of the cities I've been to and lived in, there are certain neighborhoods where residency permits are used. If your car does not have a residency sticker, you either can't park your car there, or you can only park there for a few hours. (Chicago's north side has a ton of these. Philadelphia has them in Queen Village, off South Street.) And this is the analogy I use when it comes to Dave deleting Maggie's posts.

As I see it, The Cellar is a virtual community, where you have various "neighborhoods." And while the general laws (or in the case of the Cellar, rules) apply to all neighborhoods, some neighborhoods may be more stringent (e.g. have residency permits) in order to maintain a "high quality of life."

Based upon the relatively loose general standards, and the level of carte blanche in these parts, I think Dave can do with his forum as he wishes. In fact, I respect Mr. Ham for making that decision. He and I had a conversation a while back, in which I wished there was a way to block all future Maggie posts in the Manifestos. The main reason I have not deleted any posts in the Manifestos (other than the accidental thread deletion) as of yet is b/c I don't really want to be a censor, no matter how ridiculous I think the posts may be. That's not one of us being better than the other...though our forums are somewhat similar, the purpose of each is rather different. In the end, I think this is much ado about nothing.

Look Maggie, I don't like you, and don't have much respect for you. You make some great posts, but are notorious for baiting, flaming, and being outright insulting. Many of us (myself included) are guilty of the same things, but you take it to another level, IMO. It's cool though...you probably won't lose any sleep over it, nor will I. You can't like everybody in a community.

So, Dave can pull posts, Maggie can post them here, and we'll all be one big happy dysfunctional community.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote