View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #20
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sellers View Post
You coulda just accepted my apology WITHOUT the "Your comment is neither forgotten, nor forgiven."
He could; but, he doesn't have to. He's the injured party and if he wants to ensure you understand that his acceptance of your apology doesn't constitute forgiveness that's his prerogative.

Here's how many people see the situation:

Is accepting an apology the same as forgiving?

Best Answer: Accepting the apology is not forgiving the behavior. When someone apologizes, they are sorry for a specific offense or for hurting someone. To accept an apology is to accept the person's feelings as being genuine. Forgiveness goes further in that you essentially erase the offense. It's like this apology: "I'm sorry for cheating you." You can accept that they realize they were wrong. Forgiveness is taking them back and letting them move back in. You don't have to do that part.

Gravdigr initially accepted your apology which alone means he thought of it as being sincere and further demonstrated that by wishing you a Merry Christmas. That doesn't mean he's going to forget the injury; or, that he wants to be your friend. He was honest with you and that's the best policy.

Unfortunately, you've made his acceptance of your apology conditional. That has undermined your credibility and caused him to change his mind about your sincerity. You've changed this apology thread so it's no longer about him, the injured party, you've made it about you and now you're blaming the victim.

Why put these apology threads in Home Base instead of Meta. [Rhetorical]
Why should there be more than one apology thread for you? [Rhetorical]
Why are you further antagonizing a dweller you've injured under the guise of an apology? [Rhetorical]
You could have simply replied I understand to his acceptance speech and dropped it which would have been acceptable.

Instead, you're presenting as an attention whoring troll.

Is this your intent? [RSVP]
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote