View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 06:57 AM   #40
Rucita
Wiseacre Emeritus

Yes Dave, I agree with you: a moderate voice is necessary. All type of extremist is dangerous, that's precisaly why I think war can bring us all much more terrorism. Violence create only more violence, because there will be always someone who wont be persuade about the "goodness", about the right side (if there is some right side) of a war. In my opinion war has been, and it's being an extremist act.

So, for example: Ali is a few years old boy who has lost his father and mother and also his arms in this war. He is laying in a stretcher watching around him and just wondering why. We can just say "well, this is the war" and watch to other side, but we can also think that there are too many posibility for that boy to grow up and became a new suicide terrorist. This is only one exemple. There are a lot of stories like this one in all wars.

Let's see, kurdish are fighting Iraq because a lot of them were killed with mustard gas in 1988. So they are right now paying back. Then what can we wait from iraqi people to do next?