View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 03:17 PM   #13
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Gore got more individual votes, but Bush got more electoral votes, which is what is needed to win the presidential election in the US. The EC sucks, but I don't see it changing any time soon...and I wouldn't say that Gore was necessarily denied.
Perhaps had tens of thousands of American citizens ( primarily black) not been denied their vote due to "errors" in the accounting of people's right to vote ( innocent people whose names and demographics bore a resemblance to that of a convicted criminal for instance) or in the inexlicable blocks which were placed in the way of other ( again mainly black) American citizens and which had the effect of making voting a ( sometimes physically) difficult affair.....Perhaps then yes Bush could be said to have recieved more votes. But since the tens of thousands of people whose votes were denied were overwhelmingly likeely to vote Democrat....and since Bush only "won" by a handful of votes, much less than the votes which were unfairl;y discounted I still consider the election to have been stolen.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote