View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

With human knowledge growing exponentially, and what we thought we knew changing rapidly, (plus revising to be politically correct), there's a lot of pressure on schools and students, for both time and resources. The three R's are not even being taught well in a lot of poorer school districts.

I saw an article recently where a CA school district were wailing because they couldn't afford instruments for all the students. WTF, when I was walking uphill both ways, we had to buy or rent our own instruments. I think sticking the taxpayers with the instruction is quite enough.

Yes, music and arts should happen at home, except lots of parents were never expose either, but the taxpayers are struggling too. I've been paying a fortune for a long time to fund these schools, and I've been angry more than a few times about how they piss away money. No, Johnny doesn't need a brand new computer, he can use the one Jenny was using last year, same as the textbooks. No, we don't need lights on the outside basketball courts, when the kids go home in the middle of the afternoon, and the courts are locked up after school.