View Single Post
Old 09-30-2001, 01:21 PM   #7
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

Last album I bought was for my friend's birthday: Tenacious D's self-title. I haven't heard it yet, but I've been told of some things. He's going to burn me a copy, will report later.

Ironically, this has been the week where the stereo hasn't been going. My brother came in from the city last week, and I left my player and CDs in his car. School bus trips, study halls, coding, all with no music except for the few MP3s I could scrounge from the recesses of my HD.

I've been busy downloading though. The company that controls most of the radio stations on the East Coast (ClearChannel I think it's called, or MediaChannel, I gotta remember it one of these days) put out a BIG list of songs that they were considering pulling because of "questionable lyrics". Here's some of the songs, guess what the question was:

Tom Petty - "Free Fallin"
Beastie Boys - "Sabotage"
The Bangles - "Walk Like An Egyptian"
The Clash - "Rock The Casbah"
Frank Sinatra - "New York, New York"

So, as such, I took the ones I like (the above are some), and am making a "Questionable Lyrics" mix. I'd be done already if my brother hadn't shanghaied my burner for going on 3 weeks. Bastard...

~Mike