View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
I've heard from the always-reliable souce, TV current affairs shows, that many poor women in the US commit crimes when pregnant so they can give birth in custody and receive free health care of a reasonable quality.
Can anyone confirm if this is true? It was quite a few years ago now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I wouldn't buy that, they can get health care without going to jail.
When I was locked up, still in a local jail, there was more than one (several actually) guy who got himself put in jail for the winter, or simply because they were hungry. Bust a window, get a few weeks worth of free meals. Although now most jails around these parts charge you to keep you locked up. Twenty dollars a day in our county jail. Think about that! You get eleven months & twenty nine days, for stealing a CD, and on top of your fine you get to pay the jail $7280 when you get out.

But, yeah, I totally buy the bit about birthing them babies in jail.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote