View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 01:29 PM   #46
marichiko

Why would she disagree? I don't disagree, and me and DanaC share the same viewpoint on lots of things - not to speak for her or anything, but I'll be curious what she says if she replies to your post.

I think pedophiles are pretty sick people, but here's a little story about one - can't remember if I told it here or not, forgive me if I'm repeating myself. I was in this group therapy thing to try to work out some issues I had at the time, and one of the members of the group was a pedophile. I was really disgusted by him at first, and even considered quitting the group because of him until one day he told us all his story. He had attempted suicide because he hated what he was so much and had failed. He was about 30 and was doing everything in his power to change, but was having a very hard time. He had been continually sexually abused himself when he was a child by an older male family member. It was a horrible experience for him and he loathed that he could turn around and do the same thing himself as an adult. All he wanted to do at that point was to die - he couldn't change and he couldn't go on living as he had been. He broke down into tears as he spoke, and my heart honestly went out to him. I don't know what ever happened to him, but I hope he got the help he needed. If not, I am sure that by now he is dead by his own hand.