View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #18
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

It's astounding I'm in such a good mood, given how chaotic things have been.

1.) Minifobette is sick with incredibly gross-ass strep throat. We got her antibiotics--never my favorite, but since she had yet to get any kind of fever, it was clear her immune system had gone on vacation for this one as it sometimes does. She'll probably be out through Thursday, which is the last day of the semester and will put her over the max allowable absences, but they know it's been an abnormal couple of months for us and won't give me shit about it.

2.) Construction guys are fixing our incredibly gross-ass back yard. Yay! But there is a lot of noise as they rip out rusted iron railings and cut boards for the pergola, which makes it hard to be at home. Which I have to be, because #1.

3.) Lost my drivers license at Mr. Clod's not-at-all-gross-ass company Christmas party last Friday. (Truth be told, Mr. Clod lost it, but I know how it happened and it's very nearly happened to me a dozen times so it's understandable.) Spent 4 days trying to reach someone at the venue, before they finally emailed back today and said no one turned it in. Boo.

4.) I missed a doctor's appointment for the first time in my life this morning. 100% spaced on it. It's not a big deal because it's a geneticist I don't even want to bother seeing, but since geneticists are in such high demand, they said the next time they can see me is September of 2017, the fuckers. Whatever, I put it on the calendar.

5.) Instead of remembering my doctor's appointment, I bought a handful of Christmas presents. Wrapped one with Minifobette, then she got tired and the rest will have to wait.

7.) Tonight I have a social obligation to attend a "thank you" party at the school's founder's house for people who volunteer a lot. It's going to be a contest to see who manages to worm free from their thing and get home first--me from my party, or Mr. Clod from the second day of his big work project.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote