Thread: Trilby
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #68
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I just want to say how much I appreciate the kind words and the appropriate reaction you have all had toward this tragedy as it is very similar to my own assessment of the situation. My brother and I are heartbroken that we have lost our best friend, our confidant, our kind adviser, the most loving person we have ever known. She would overdraw her checking account and drive across the country if I needed to be bailed out of jail. She would cook my favorite meal all day long even if I was just stopping by for a few hours. She would research things to help me in school, even though the internet wasn't her strongest skill. She would lie to me when I needed it. She was so in touch with my feelings she could read my emotion based on the tone of my "hello" on the phone. She was AMAZING. God will I miss her. I hope to adopt and embrace all of her qualities as a person but use my experiences to overcome any destructive addiction as well, in Claudette's name. She will always live forever in my heart as the most beautiful, intelligent, and caring woman I have ever known. I treasure all of your words about my mom, thank you all again, so very much.-Taylor
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote