Thread: Stray cats?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #30
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I'm proud to admit I saw the Stray Cats in June of '83, summer before college. I remember it well...my best friend and I had so much fun.

It was at Hara Arena in Dayton. This makes me also think of Bri, because we found out so many years later that we both saw The Bay City Rollers in 6th grade, at the same Arena.
I also saw the Stray Cats back in the day (date uncertain). They opened for CHUCK BERRY! We saw them at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. I remember getting a laugh from their act as their rhythm guitarist was just mailing it in that night. At one point, we watched him miming his part, just strumming along, totally unplugged, with his cord lying at his feet. It was a good show anyhow.

The real star of the show was CHUCK BERRY! That guy can rock. When he came to his big closing number, Johnny B Good, naturally, it turned into a long jam session with many people coming up on stage playing pretend guitars and duck walking across the stage. Chuck just carefully backed up onto the drum riser and kept on playing; he never missed a beat. Without a doubt, one of the best concerts I've ever been to, a landmark concert for me.