View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #15
Imigo Jones
Tornado Ali

Location: Used to be woods in town on prairie; now Emerald City
Gravdigr, let's see whether we can resolve some of these issues without more hostility. I get the feeling that you might be going after me in the "Super Sucker" thread, too, though I haven't opened it--just saw your name as most recent poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
1. I don't know what Electric Company you watched, but the Easy Reader I remember never had a 'huge afro', and didn't wear fancy threads. He wore worn out jeans and a vest with lots of patches on it.

How I remember Easy Reader.
If he later had the look you describe, particularly a vest full of patches, then I'm sorry to have missed the association you were making.
Quote:
2. I HIGHLY RESENT YOU IMPLYING THAT I AM A RACIST. ("Oh, except what, he's black?")
Capital letters present and accounted for.
Okay, then, GD, you'll have to explain your "he looks like . . . a pimp" comment to me. I had said I got the Morgan Freeman face (actually, Rudy's much older looking than Easy Reader-era Freeman), but why add that Rudy looks like a pimp? I'm not entirely implying you're a racist, but I am questioning what possible reason there could be for equating Rudy with a pimp. In your indignation, you have sailed past the first opportunity to answer the question.
Quote:
3. Did you read the first five words of my post, or did you skip on down to where you found something you could cry about?
Of course I read every word of your post. Those first 5-7 words don't seem to have any bearing on the "pimp" remark.
Quote:
BTW, your name "Imigo Jones"? Yeah, that sounds kinda pimpish...Maybe you should drop "Imigo" and go with "velvet". Yeah, Velvet Jones. Has a ring to it, no?
I've never pimped, in the traditional sense. Name calling--I guess you feel you're on a roll with these tenuous associations. But I don't feel you're justified in being so upset, sorry.

BTW, GD: Sundae Girl gets the name thing. (SG, maybe I'll reply more to your post later.) But now I'm off to open that other thread. Fun awaits.
Imigo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote