View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #133
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
I got to the pool and parked next to a truck with a cap. I heard a cat meowing. I looked in the trees, but sure enough it was coming from that truck. I looked around it, I looked inside as much as I dare lest the owner think I was up to no good...couldn't find a cat. *snip*
Some friends of mine took a short drive from their rural home to a nearby town to do a little shopping. The engine was acting oddly, so they stopped about halfway there and opened the hood of their old rattletrap truck. Out bounded one of their kitties, ran across the road (nearly being run over in the process), and hid in some tall grass.

When they were finally able to catch said kitty, it was badly burned and in serious shock. Got the car running and raced to the vet. Here's a pic taken as they got the kitty back into the car.

The vet cut away the burned skin and sewed the kitty back together the best he could.

I'm glad to report that after MANY months of constant care and attention, the kitty is all healed up and doing well.

It was quite a struggle, though, as the kitty would not stop trying to lick the wound. Cone collar was useless. The solution? Baby jammies!

A happy ending, but take heed; if you have an outdoor kitty, bang on the hood of your vehicle before starting it up!
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote