View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

Document Everything

Because otherwise, your wife may decide that you are crazy, senile, or generally incompetent. This is for your own protection.

We were going to McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Bethesda MD yesterday. So I looked up the address, and put

7401 Woodmont Ave Bethesda, MD

into Google Maps. The map showed the intersection of Woodmont and Elm. So that is where we went. The restaurant was not there. It turned out to be dabout 2 blocks north on Woodmont. Anyway, we had a nice lunch, etc.

So today, just to check, I used a different procedure to get the map. I went to the restaurant's website and clicked on their map. It gave the correct location, corner of Montgomery and Woodmont.

Then, just for fun, I put in the address into Google Maps again. This time, even though I did not click on the link from the restaurant's website, but just cut and pasted the address into another copy of the browser, it gave the correct location.

??? There must be some error detecting and correcting software. Pretty cool.

If I had not kept the original, wrong map on paper, I might think I was crazy. And I know my wife would think I was crazy.
joelnwil is offline   Reply With Quote