View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #35
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Dazza and one of my cousins have had almost exactly the same issues as you've had with your thyroid mtp. They're both fine now. They called Dazza's Hashimodo's disease. Anyway, I'm glad you've come through well, and you might find your weight issues will improve once they get your meds right. Malfunctioning thyroids can contribute to weight gain (if someone hasn't already told you this I'd be surprised).
I had Hashimotos thyroiditis too, but they took the thyroid out because of the suspicious nodule that did end up being cancer. Hashimotos usually does lead to hypothyroidism but mine was caught before that. I would love to blame it for my weight issues but I think that would not be the root of the issue. I will still have to work to lose the weight, even if one of the contributing factors has been fixed. My endocrinologist is the same as my mother's though, he's done an excellent job helping her so I'm sure he will do the same for me.