View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #64
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I was curious about this injury, because it seems so easy for someone to injure themselves this way, and I see from a google search that an alarming number of people have had exactly this accident.

I also see some crossbow manufacturers have safety switches you have to hold down with the thumb of your supporting hand before it will fire. The switch is located well out of the path of the amputating string. That's a smart idea. I bet all of them will have that in a few years.

I also read about a few different ways you can fuck yourself up real good with a crossbow. It sounds pretty dangerous if you don't read up about it and pay really close attention to what you are doing. Be careful!

(Like if it slips out from under your foot when you are cocking it, and it's under a lot of tension, the whole thing can spring back into your face and break a nose or take an eye.)
yeah, this bow has like a 300lb draw. cocking it takes effort. paul has a tough time with it. i want to buy it off of him so he can get a lighter tension one. that and my history makes it such that i can't own a firearm anymore. i miss hunting. what sucks though is that i LOVE bird hunting and well....that's out the window.

zombies suck griff! these bolts will go straight though'em and they will need to be covered in salt to be stopped. just you wait.....the apocalypse is coming! in december...i read the book! mayan calendar doesn't lie!