Thread: Workkin' Out!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #375
Agent-G
Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Don't worry, give it a few years and you'll gain weight easily .

More stress on the knees is a good thing? first I've heard.
well, that's what people tell me, but my father doesnt put weight one easily, and he doesnt really eat the best. He was an alcoholic, and he eats alot of processed foods. I was raised vegitarian, and today I will only eat chicken and fish.

Normally, stress on the knees is bad. I have some torn ligaments though, and the mountain biking wasnt cutting it. I needed something that placed more stress on the knees to strengthen them, and the running is working. Its not alot of stress, but it is enough that now my knees feel secure, whereas before if I stepped wrong my knee would buckle and swell up.
Same reason I started doing the push ups. I have AC seperations in both shoulders. My right shoulder is a 4th or 5th degree which I did a few years ago, and the left shoulder is a 1st degree which I did in April. I had been wanting to strengthen my shoulders for awhile since the injury was something that bothered me. I would have trouble doing certain motions like sweeping or shoveling. When I did the other shoulder, I knew I had to do something about it.

Ligaments are tricky. If you stretch them further than 17% of their lenght, they will tear, and most doctors will tell you that they arent bad enough for surgery. Which is what they told me for my knees and shoulders. So, the only other option is to work out the muscles around them.
Agent-G is offline   Reply With Quote