View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
aimeecc
Super Intendent

Two days off of antibiotics now... and another cold. I am expecting an ear infection by tomorrow. One week until ENT.
I cut out yogurt and cheese (except my hubby forgot and feed him cheese this weekend) and went back to his old formula. I am thinking of going to a soy formula just to clear his system of dairy. Still feeding the little guy bread... he loves it.

On a related note, I am annoyed at Gerber and other baby food manufacturers. Most infants are on stage 2 between 7-8 months. Infants are supposed to be over 1 year, before eating strawberries and other berries (with the exception of blueberries). Yet there are a ton of stage 2 foods with strawberries. Those are at least obvious and easy to avoid. Infants under 1 year are also not supposed to have egg whites. Many infants are on stage 3 foods by 8-9 months. I noticed the other day the Gerber stage 3 baby spaghetti I was feeding my son had egg whites in the ingredients. Same with the herbed chicken pasta. I don't read the baby food labels because I assumed they would be safe for babies. Guess I was wrong.
aimeecc is offline   Reply With Quote