View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #2784
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Went to see The Woman in Black today.
Was at near boiling point most of the way through.

None of the jumps or scares made me jump or scared because of the constant sussaration of crinkly wrappers (WHY THE F--- DO CINEMAS SELL THEM??!!) whispers and giggles. I couldn't commit to the film or the atmosphere it is supposed to generate because of the constant noise. Everything that happened was happening in a film, on the screen in front of me. Which is logical of course, but I usually absorb a film as much as watch it. I have the terrible habit of talking like a character that has engaged me for an hour afterwards.

Trouble is, we went to see it in the afternoon during half term. This was for my benefit.
It is cheaper to see an earlier showing, and we didn't think about the fact it was a 12A, which meant lots of giggly girls and immature boys.

Still, Mum and I made it our Valentine's date and it was good to spend the time with her.
I shushed the girls behind us twice (gently) and had to do the same for Mum! Like I couldn't have waited to find out one of the actors in the film was also the star of a recent TV programme I hadn't watched... Shhhhhhhh.

Pics of lunch in the Aylesbury thread.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote