Thread: Bruises
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #110
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Fell over in the shower the other day.
Not a euphemism.

We have an enamel bath with the shower above it, and usually use a rubber bath mat inside the bath to prevent slipping. I haven't been using it recently because although the bath can be scrubbed (and yes, I do), the small amount of pink dye secreted when I wash my hair, even after a month, stains the mat. And I know it drives Dad crazy.

It just happened that I was a little dazed and confused at that point, and was only showering that evening because Mum thought we might have an emergency call to say good bye to Grandad.

My slip was on exiting the bath. My foot genuinely slipped, but I wonder if on another occasion I might have saved myself better.

I fell completely out of the bath, banged my head and wrenched my neck. Conveniently, Mum attributed this to Dad and said I must never shower without a mat in future. She's right in that the initial slip was because I wasn't using a mat. But I still felt a bit mean anyway.

So here is my (still developing) bruise. Doesn't hurt anywhere near as the head bruise, which kicks in whenever I change facial expression, or the neck and shoulder pain which make it hard to sleep.
But it's the only visual one. And quite impressive I think.
It actually continues down my arm, past my elbow, but almost impossible to get that shot myself.
Attached Images