View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #161
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The law is created, then adjudicated, then enforced as we know from watching the opening to Law & Order...

So random person can create law, and it starts the loophole arguments over what is a gun, and what is firing; but also, there are a whole set of changes that happen to any previous city laws about guns, as well as what laws are at state, county, federal level and how they interoperate.

If the interpretation of the law is to be part of it, then the body of decisions has to be followed, and things previously ruled upon have to be studied, with repercussions for judges if this doesn't happen.

Pretty soon interpretation is more complicated than the law itself, and you have a battle between law and interpretation of law. Making the law more complicated clears some of the interpretation before it happens, so the law is not immediately rendered meaningless.

I think this is all first-year law student stuff, but I also believe if I send an application to Dickinson Law School, they will sneeze on it and send it back to me. They sneezed on my undergrad app back in the day.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote