Thread: Strange Days
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 04:47 PM   #8
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Australians have a very gun happy image of America, which has been fueled by your own Michael Moore. Although there is the rare shoting in Sydney maybe, i never hear of anyone being shot over here. apart from the occasional glimpse of one when i was living on the farm and my mum had kangaroo shooting rifles (which she locked away and hid from the eyes of us kids) i have never even seen a real life gun.

i can see how some might think that ok, if someone is angry enough at another person and they have the mens rea to murder them or inflict harm on them, then the likelihood of it happening is almost 100%, however... its a lot harder to club someone to death with a rolling pin then it is to just blow their head off.Obviously a gun is not going to jump up and shoot randomly on its own... thats not what i meant wolf.. yes, people kill people, but owning or having access to firearms makes it so much easier for people to kill people.

if some phyco person for example is arguing with another in his home, and he knows he has an AK47 under the bed.. is there not a likelihood he will be inclined to go and get it, even if just for threat purposes.. and then maybe even use it if the situations requires. I doubt the likelihood however that in the midst of an argument in a gun free home that the angered individual would have the kitchen utensils, or their kids sporting equiptment on the top of his train of thought.

.. IMO