View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #24
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Quote:
Originally posted by blue58
Such as fighting, I make myself invisible, get right up straight on next to a guy, crosshairs dead center, right trigger....whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, I'll hit him like out of 20 times.....seems like I'm doing something wrong....I normally get my ass kicked.
Point one: The moment you perform any action, you're no longer invisible. I'm sure that the enemy whacking you around has convinced you of THAT. (Invisibility does have its uses in combat, though -- against many foes, you can turn it on for a breather, so that you can drink a healing potion, regain your fatigue, etc. and then return to the fray.)

Point two: The bottom bar is your fatigue. As you run around, swing weapons and otherwise exert yourself, it drops relatively quickly. Your hit rate drops DRAMATICALLY when you're tired.

Point three: New characters tend to have fairly low skill ratings across the board in weapon types. Pick the weapon type you're highest-rated in, wield a corresponding weapon, and go beat on Kwama Foragers and Rats and such for a while in the wilderness before you go after bigger targets. Once you're reasonably proficient with one weapon, you can slowly build up another.

Figure on specializing in one or two weapon types and ignoring the others. I usually go with Blunt Weapon and/or Long Blade, with a soft spot for Marksman once I can cast Bound Longbow semi-reliably.

For fun, try Hand-to-Hand. It's been neutered in later patches, but you can beat on a Kwama Forager for ages and build Speed up fairly quickly.

Quote:
Also in Seyda Neen, I can't get to the end of Nimawia Grotto...I swim under, think I'm in like the third chamber...I see what looks like a tunnel underwater but halfway in I can hardly see anymore, then of course I drown.
So wait until you've got a Water Breathing spell, or (better yet) a spell AND an item. Once you get your hands on a filled soul gem, it shouldn't cost much at all to have an Enchanter make you an item with (let's say) Water Breathing, 60 Seconds, Cast When Used...
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote