Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #897
monster
I hear them call the tide

I would love America to be great. I just think maybe I have a different definition of my great. In my great, America would be a country where you didn't need to be rich to get good healthcare and good education or afford healthy food, a country where those who are "differently talented" can still work an honest 40 hours in one job and make enough to live on. I'm fine with people being rich. I'm fine with wealth buying fancy houses, vacations, fast cars, meals in restaurants, luxury private rooms in hospitals, golden unicorns to piss on you to realign your chakras..... These are not life necessities, I'm ok with poorer people going without them. But when those who need help with their mental health are homeless and hungry and families have two parents working 2 or 3 part time jobs each to try and keep their family afloat but end up with no time to cook healthy meals even if they could afford the ingredients or eat together as a family ...the country they are in is not great. I'm not ok with that.

I know this is kind of political, but I'm not meaning/wanting to start a debate about it. I know it's naively stated and idealistic. I just wanted to say it because it's bugging the fuck out of me.