View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #819
monster
I hear them call the tide

Well I blew up my vacuum clener again today. twice. It probably be time to get a new one (it just overheats). But that's not what's bumming my stone.

Last night, I thought of another avenue for my job search and lo and behold I found a job that I could do the shit out of and it would be interesting and meaningful and paid well. It was actually posted 10 days ago, but there was no closing deadline for apps and it was late, so I didn't apply last night. Started this morning, seeing where I needed to tweak my resume and what sort of cover letter/additional material was required. Called away because someone arrived to repair my window and when I got back to it a couple hours ago.... it was no longer open. Which means that even if I'd applied last night when I found it, it would probably have been too late, but it's still a bummer. (There are older job postings still listed, so I'm pretty sure it means it got filled today... )