View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #60
monster
I hear them call the tide

I have mixed feelings about the State Swim meet this weekend. Hebe made it to States as a freshman. I'm thrilled -that in itself is enough. And yet..... I will have to sit around for 6 hours (getting more and more nervous) to watch one one-minute race. Breaststroke is last, but seats must be acquired as soon as the doors open -two hours before the meet starts. Plus on Saturday, only the top 16 from Friday swim. She may get through, she may not. I have to make transportation arrangements for the other kids in case she does, but the silly superstitious streak in me says I'm damning her not to get through and if we've made arrangements to be there it will be all the more disappointing. I know, I know. But you know, I didn't think she'd get a state cut, so I said I'd dye my hair blue if she did. Superstition wins every time..... Ans I can't help but be nervous fo rher which is so stupid -she made it to Sates being there is a victory, even if she falls off the blocks. But then I look at the times for last year and I see she has a chance of making the last 16..... this perilous internet allows me TMI.

I guess this should be in the swim mom ranting thread. Just needed to put it in words I guess.

Last edited by monster; 11-14-2011 at 12:17 PM.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote