View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 02:14 PM   #7
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Why do so many assholes have pit bulls? Is it another penis substitute or something?
IMO, assholes are attracted to pits (rotties, dobies, etc.) because these dogs have the physical abilities to really put the hurt on you if encouraged/trained to do so. It is known that particular breeds were originally used for protection, fighting, etc. and that it is somewhat ingrained in their genes. Of course, most "pets" have no need to be used in this manner, but assholes will be assholes so it's easier for them to turn a pit into a mean, bad-ass, macho dog and hope that its behavior will reflect on their standing amungst other assholes who think it's cool, than it is to try and impress your thug, low-life buddies with a bichon frise.

Unfortunately, so called "vicious" breeds get a really bad rap due to the stupidity of idiots who think it's cool to have a mean dog. The dog didn't start off that way, it is merely a product of its unfortunate environment.

The most psycho dogs I've ever encountered were Chow Chows and Sharpeis. Some of the sweetest dogs I've come across were pits that were abused by their fuck-head owners who taught them to be mean. Once the dog was out of that situation, it was a kind, mellow, sweet dog. I'm not saying this is true for every dog that has been treated like this because some are so far gone they could never be trusted not to snap and throat you where you stand, but I'm just trying to point out that at least 95% of the time it is the asshole owner that turned a perfectly nice dog into a dangerous dog.

I have boarded dogs that had been deemed "vicious" by the County Animal Control Dept. who were being held until a determination on the animals outcome could be made and have never been attacked or bitten by one. The only dog I've ever been bit by was some old lady's stupid Min Pin who she claimed was the nicest thing alive.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote