View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #25
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

maybe...just maybe...we're going back to a matriarchy!!!!!

this distresses my older son very, very much (he's a white Christian male in business school and he fully expects to become one of the 1% and I hope to Christ he DOES become one of them as I'm going to need that money in the future to buy tchochkes and hats and such) we had lunch yesterday (as a typical Republican, he made me pick up the tab and he was telling me that the US was a male-centric country, with masculine virtues rating high on the list of desirable attributes. He then insulted Norway and Finland by calling them, in essence, "girly nations" who cared about compassion over defense.

then he ate another muffin.

Then I told him America isn't all THAT macho - look at any country in South America or the Middle East for REAL value of masculinity. Then I told him Germany was run by a woman. He didn't believe me and said he was going to ask his German prof. Shit, I didn't even KNOW he was taking German!

It was an okay lunch, food-wise. The cinnamon roll could've had more frosting but then I say that about almost all cinnamon rolls.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote