Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 10:36 AM   #268
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZLcyclist
That bike is now almost finished in it's rebuild as a Time Trial rig... now have a nice SCOTT road bike will take my camera out again at some point and get some photos of a different area.
Looks like your a bit of a devotee to the sport, Brendon. Are you riding as a professional or is this for pleasure only? Something tells me my max 50 miles a day when touring is going to look a little miniscule when I hear more about your exploits.

My maximum day has been 65 miles for a charity run from the outskirts of London (Hampton Court) to the coast (Hove), which I just about manage as it's towrds the end of the summer by which time I can handle the distance. Having said that I'm contemplating a two-day charity ride this year involving a cycle to the coast day 1 (60 miles) followed by a trip by ferry across to Dieppe in France for 100 miles on day 2. I think that will be my 2006 swan-song if I do it!

Had a short 25 miles yesterday around the Chiltern hills north of London. Just a couple of hours in the morning followed by an exceptional lunch. I'm afraid that's my formula for biking these days - cycle to make room for food so that eating doesn't involve a weight increase!