View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #7
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Any HTC phone powered by Android is going to be great. I owned an ipod touch for years, which runs the same software as the iphone, and I sold the thing just a week after I got my new HTC EVO with Android 2.2. Its a fantastic phone, and totally blows the iphone out of the water.

You can customize your interface any number of ways you want. With mine I have a dedicated pane for home screen with clock/weather and communication apps, next pane is full screen calendar synced to my Google account, another pane has a full screen music app, then my other panes have commonly used apps sorted by type. Its a 1000% better user interface experience than the iphone. All you get with the iphone is wall after wall of a grid of apps. No backgrounds either. And the system notification tray is very handy.

HTC knows how to build solid hardware too. The phone is always very quick and responsive. Hasn't frozen once either. Those who tout the iphone as a device sent from god over any Android powered phone are just being biased. This phone is incredibly well put together, and I have zero complaints about it thus far. I bought the extended battery, yet another option the iphone doesn't have since it has no user replaceable battery. This battery will last all day and then some under heavy usage. I'm talking streaming internet radio, gps with Google turn-by-turn navigation for work, emailing, surfing the web, playing games, etc. At least 12 hours of that. With medium to light usage, I can make it go 24 hours without a charge. Iphone can't do that unless you add on some huge external battery pack that plugs into the bottom port. Lol@that.

I wouldn't trade my EVO with Android for any other phone on the market right now. Period. Google does have their act together, don't believe the isheep BS.

Last edited by Bullitt; 04-16-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote