View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 05:01 PM   #323
zazkia
Jotter of Notes

okay, just some more random bits of information that may help:

about the Hypericum Perforatum page: St. John Wort is also a Japanese movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293478/)

The Japanese title is: Otogiriso.. and this is what its about:

Nami has been creating artwork for a new video game based on images she's been seeing in her dreams. With one of the game producers, she travels out to an abandoned house that seems to match her visions. As they explore the old mansion, Nami begins to have more visions of a forgotten childhood, until at last she comes across a photo of twin infants, labelled "Nami" and "Naomi". As Nami and the producer go from room to room, an unseen person seems to be watching them from a hidden room.

anyone happen to have seen that? .. seeing as he seems to like referencing Japanese books and movies...

about the redhead robot pages:

1] Piggy Piggy --> this could refer to a lot of things... the nursery rhyme, which makes sense cuz it's about ur 5 fingers, and theres a page called devil with 5 fingers, and there's 5 robot pages..
or maybe its about Lord of the Flies..(has a character named Piggy) .. I dunno

2] We've got ventriloquists --> might refer to the radiohead song 'Kid A' which goes like this:

I slipped away
I slipped on a little white lie

We've got heads on sticks
You've got ventriloquists
(times 2)

Staring at the shadows at the edge of my bed (times 4)

Rats and children'll follow me out of town.
Rats and children follow me out of their homes.

come on kids.

4] Who watches the Watchmen --> Quote from Juvenal, Satires 6..

The Roman author Juvenal (Decimus Junius Juvenalis, c. 60-140 AD) became famous for his Satires, in which he criticized the morals of his time. From a conservative, quasi-provincial point of view, he tried to ridicule the decadence of Rome's society under the reign of the Emperors in contrast to older and better standards -- painting, for example, the loose morals of married women in shrill colors.

In Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347 he writes: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" which, as you will have guessed, means "who watches the watchmen? "

This was also the basis for a comic by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons (http://www.bry.fast.co.za/~stuartm/r...mix/watch.html)...

5] Fellow of infinite jest... --> refers to Hamlet and a character called Yorick (who is a jester in the king's court)

.. Robert Silvers is the guy who invented photomosaics.. (http://www.photomosaic.com/rt/about.htm) dont really know how that ties in.. but maybe just a hint towards the pages made up of multiple images that we had to use gifshuffle on...

btw.. has anyone tried gifshuffle on the "dont stray from the path" page?
.. I know someone did it for the devil with 5 fingers page.. but the treepage also seems to be made up of several different images.. maybe handy to try that.. but I cant seem to get gifshuffle to work for me..

okay.. thats it for now.. hope someone gets password soon.. been working on this forever...
zazkia is offline   Reply With Quote