View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nov 29, 2011: Chatham, MA

I was visiting a friend in Chatham, MA, this past weekend. Most of you may not know, Chatham is on Cape Cod. It's a beautiful day, top down weather (my vehicle, not my friend), so we take a ride out Shore Road to the Chatham Lighthouse.

Shore Road is populated with mostly older houses, in either weathered cedar shingles (shakes) or painted gray with white trim. Most have tiny front yards, and many have white picket fences. I'm told they are owned by very old families, or have been bought by lesser millionaires who use them and sometime rent them for several thousand dollars a week.

And then...

And from a dead end drive to the water...

Sorry about the quality, shooting into the Sun.

The story I got, was somebody bought this house and applied for a permit to move it back from the street 10 feet. You can see the corner of the house comes right out to the curb. I checked out the back yard, and it'd pretty big for that neighborhood. So it's a reasonable request, as I see it, and shouldn't be a big deal except for the considerable expense to the owner.

But Nooooooooooooo!
The local We've-got-ours-fuck-you Committee turned down the permit application.

Hmmm, what to do...what to do???
They painted it yellow & green like my mother's '56 Chevy...
and donated it's use to <strike>Retarded<strike> Developmentally Challenged Support Groups...
from out of town.

Fuck me? Noooo, fuck YOU.

Now before you start in with what a wonderful thing to do for the Support Groups, stifle it. That's not the point.