View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #561
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
There is a difference between the two. Wasn't the Cap gains rate initially established to incent people into saving more?
A rather belated reply, but as I was reading back over this thread, I saw your statement and wondered if it was true. According to Wikipedia, you are incorrect.

Quote:
This {the lower cap on capitol gains} is intended to provide incentives for investors to make capital investments, to fund entrepreneurial activity, and to compensate for the effect of inflation and the corporate income tax.
Well, I'm glad someone gets a break on the rising rate of inflation. People dependent on Social Security have not seen an adjustment in their benefits until this year, after 3 years of stagnant income because the government claimed there was no inflation during this period. Workers earning minimum wage have not seen an increase since 2009. Does Corporate Congress give a damn about them? Not hardly. Plus, corporations are now paying LESS tax than they did before the Bush tax cuts. Did their capitol gains taxes go up to compensate for the lower taxes big corporations now enjoy? God forbid we tax the "job creators" who are busily creating ever more jobs in China while unemployment in the US remains unacceptably high.

Last edited by SamIam; 01-30-2012 at 12:17 PM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote