View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #141
Coign
Wanted Driver

What I don't get is why everyone against contacting them seems to makes the argument that they don't need a Starbucks or Nikes.

I am not talking about introducing an LCD TV and Paris Hilton. I am suggesting we try and teach them about the dangers they face. Let them know that they will most likely not be able to live there forever because loggers are coming and they may not survive that conflict.

Oh and by the way, this technique is called washing and keeping clean. It means you can be healthier.

If Og never shared the wheel with his neighbor because he was looking out for cultural preservation where would we be today? I put by vote behind enlightenment. I would not want a culture that keeps me ignorant.

I try to stop thinking of us all as separate cultures. Human culture conflict is why we have a war in the middle east. (Not the US's war, I am talking between the local tribes already there that the US, for good or for ill, is trying to stamp out.)

Culture is pleasant when it is in a museum, it is bad when you think someone is trying to take it from you and need to kill over it. Or in this case troll over it.

I have traveled to Brazil twice, and once western Europe and once Eastern Europe. I would be just as happy living in most of the places I have been. No two democratic nations have ever gone to war with each other. (Officially anyways. There have been some "topples.")

I repeat, culture is nice when it can be appreciated. It is hell when it is all you are.