Thread: Constantine
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #1
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Constantine

Just watched the first episode. Not bad at all.

I was in a seeming minority of those who loved the Keanu reeves movie. Lot of people hated it because it was so different to the comic - in particular John Constantine being American rather than English and Reeves looked nothinglike the character in the comics. But I loved it.

That said - this does feel much more like the comic in tone - and he really does look like the character.

It wasn't flawless - had its shaky moments - really wasn't over keen on the woman playing Liv Aberdeen* - but I liked its style. They've really captured that comic book feel - the visuals, the cuts to comic stills the way the scenes change. Very nice looking. And I am liking him as Constantine.

Overall - not at all bad for a pilot episode. Could go either way from here - but I'm interested to see.

Anybody else seen it?

* spoilers below

Apparently the makers weren;t overly thrilled with her either. She was supposed to be a kind of everywoman who would act as the audience's way into the show - unfortunately she was completely riodiculous - reactions totally off-kilter and never sold the part. It's a pity somuch of the first episode was about her really given her sharp exit in the end - feels like a bit of a waste. The original pilot ended with her staying with Constantine and vowing to fight against the demons - they reshot the last 15 mins to have her exit off-screen - and instead gave us a glimpse of another woman (a character who was prominent in the comic) who'll be the main female character in the show proper.

Last edited by DanaC; 10-26-2014 at 04:43 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote