View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 09:46 AM   #4
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Funny how the threat of an attack has the same effect as the attack itself - just diluted.

This would be why I don't listen to the alerts, anymore. Useless, non-specific alerts do nothing more than disrupt normal, daily life -- just like terrorism. I also won't hesistate for a moment to say that I think there is a strong possibility that the government issues these alerts to keep the public scared.

Every time I read a story like that, it reminds me not to take the subway and to only go to the Mall on off hours and to update the survival kits in the cars.

Remember the alert about driving over bridges? Malls over the halloween holiday? Stolen UPS uniforms? Stolen emergency vehicles used as bombs? Suicide bombers on busses? I'm curious to know what precautions you took during those alerts.

Alerting the public doesn't do one ounce of good other than to cover the fed's ass when something does happen. These alerts do absolutely nothing for public safety.

he information pointed to two, perhaps three, targets, the sources say: New York, Washington, and Las Vegas.

Planned on going to Vegas next month, still going to Vegas next month. And I'm going to have a kick-ass time out there, too.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote