View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #59
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Our rights don't come from government. Government is just here to protect those rights. We are born with our rights and they are one segment of natural law.
So we only have the same rights as a worm or a coyote or a bird or parasite??? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
There is no such thing as a Constitutional right. None of our rights come from the Constitution. The Constitution was just written so that other people would realize that all governmental power is derived from the rights of people, and that government may not have any powers that we have not granted to it. This means we may not grant any powers to government over and above the rights of any individual person.

Since no person has the right to use force to prevent the marriage of others, they may not grant this power to government.
There you go interpreting again. That gets into the realm of opinion vs fact and assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
If you violate one of my rights, I may violate one of the rights you hold more dearly..
Oh I gotcha why didn't you just say it was an eye for an eye - blah blah blah. That makes real good sense - in the sandbox or at recess.