View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #30
regular.joe
Старый сержант

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Really, I think the main thing that's f*cked up with the U.S Constitution and other state constiutions is that they allow rights to be taken away from people.
Actually the US constitution has a great system of checks and balances. The Senate and House have been over run in the past with bigots and what not. We have made some great progress overcoming these problems in the States in the 232 years we've been around. I believe we will make more progress in time.

California seems to be using a full democracy, which in essence is mob rule. The whim of the majority. Not good in the long term, complete democracy tends to tear itself apart over the long haul.

The U.S. is a republic. It is much harder to change and does not depend on the mob rule of the majority. Make no mistake, the framers of our government knew the difference between a democracy and a republic. I don't personally believe our constitution is fucked up in the slightest. It has and will continue to withstand the test of time, with very few changes.

Oh, and do fasten in if you are going to argue with Radar. He is a man firm conviction. You won't change his mind about anything, you will have a fine discussion.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote