View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #93
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

See, I was being dense.

It's good to learn or do something positive everyday. I am trying that myself.

A few years ago I made a New Year's resolution much different than the typical "lose weight" "stop smoking" "quit stabbing people in the grocery line" resolutions that none of us EVER keep. I decided to make it a point to compliment people to their boss if I get good service, or write something nice on a comment card. That year, I wrote a comment card at the grocery about some young man who had been out of his way kind, and multitudes more. It has since become a way of life. I think I"ve always been a nice person for the most part, but to make a conscious attempt to show others I appreciate them really brought some good things out.

So, these days I still do that. I wrote a nice email to one of our IT guys for his efficient and painless switchover to my new computer. I courtesy copied to his boss. In our institution it is known as "valuing people" initiative, and I know how I feel when I am appreciated and recognized.

These are positive actions that make me feel good, no matter how freaking goofy my own life is right now.