View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #419
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

So I've finally got to see Season One.
It's good. I like. So glad I read the book first though, because of my usual issue with telling people apart. I'm not sure the Stark children and Theon Greyjoy were properly introduced. And they all look the same (to me).

The only thing that jars is the accents.
I know Peter Dinklage has won awards and all that, and I have no doubt about his abilities as an actor, but how come he talks like a bad Peter O'Toole impersonator when his siblings don't.
Ditto Bran. His accent does not match anyone around him, so it's not even as if he was brought up by a wet nurse or something.

Given my problem with faces I rely very much on the written and spoken word.
I'm not claiming to be an expert on accents, and in fact am a poor mimic, but when I hear something that sounds wrong to me it jars even more than continuity errors - which are actually something I enjoy from a pedantic perspective.

Oh and Jaime looks a little too like my brother for comfort. So I can't see him as eye candy. Boooooooo. But Cersai is exactly as I pictured her. As is Sansa. And because I saw the trailers for the series before I read the books, and they were Sean Bean heavy, I couldn't imagine another Ned Stark.

And the implied BJ was an unexpected treat

Haven't finished the series yet. But hey I know what happens, even if I can't remember exactly where it stops and the next one starts.
Got series two to watch too, then going to trade them in for future series.

Thanks Mum. Kept me out of trouble for two nights now.
(I'm not actually IN trouble of course. I just AM trouble)
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote