View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 12:42 AM   #30
Billy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenv
I'm guessing that they type in the pin yin (roman letters for Mandarin Chinese, which is phonetical) and the characters appear on the screen. Many Chinese feel that the complexity of the written language has held them back technologically. The Japanese created a phonetical alphabet (albeit in characters) many years ago and only use the classical characters, which are similar to Chinese, occasionally.

Actually most of the guys I met at the internet cafes in China played games rather than wrote. And the keyboards were worn down so you couldn't read the letters on the keys that move your game pieces.
You guy are very good on Chinese. The more computer develops, the more people can easily use the Chinese input. The Chinese companies develop the handwriting input like keyboard input. You don't need use the PinYin, just write down the words on the board. So the words automatically are input on screen. Hanwang Tech is the best company on this input. You can get more inforamtion on their website.
I agree you that many young people play games or chat by QQ (like ICQ.At first we think it is copy of ICQ) in Netcafes. Once in Beijing a child fired one netcafe and many young people were killed.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote