View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #62
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I did a quick Medline search for "Sensory Processing Disorder" and "Sensory Integration Dysfunction " but came up empty handed. Autism/Aspergers have tons of papers. This is the most recent review I could find. It's not available directly via ejournal, but I am requesting it and once I have it, I'll send you (and anyone else who PM's me) a copy. If you see any other articles you want, just let me know.

Good luck, and please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Quote:
Recent advances in autism spectrum disorders.
Charles JM, Carpenter LA, Jenner W, Nicholas JS.
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425-5670, USA. charlesj@musc.edu

OBJECTIVE: This review article provides an overview of the most recent developments in the literature regarding autism spectrum disorders including epidemiology, etiology, assessment, and management/treatment.
METHOD: A review of the recent literature was conducted using Medline and the search term "Autism Spectrum Disorders."
RESULTS: Autism Spectrum Disorders are more common than previously believed (1 in 166), and etiology appears to be multifaceted including both heritable and non-heritable factors. State of the art treatment includes comprehensive medical monitoring as well as behavioral intervention.
CONCLUSIONS: Current and anticipated federal funding, policy changes, and large scale research projects provide promise for increasing knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Last edited by LabRat; 01-29-2009 at 09:03 AM.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote