View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #592
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Of course every life counts. Goodness me, only a monster would murder an unborn child.
Whereas only a pinko commie would want to educate the damn drain on money once it's been squeezed out. Let the 16 year old harlot rhome school it!
It could end up being President after all.

ETA
Sorry. Crossness.
Remind me never to get you pissed. But seriously, you are correct. Santorum is a staunch anti-abortionist, although his wife's life may have been saved by a terminated pregnancy. He is against government involvement in schooling, promoting home-schooling, although he requested 'cyber-schooling' for his children.

There is a bit of hypocrisy in many Conservatives arguments about government scope and cost - more of an 'I got mine, but none for you' mentality.

As far as abortion is concerned, people forget that there is reason the position is stated as 'pro-choice'. Supporters will just a vigorously defend a woman's right to take a baby to term if the government were to ever attempt to force an abortion, as China is alleged to have done.

In personal circumstances, I have always backed a woman's right to choose. I would support some kind of informed consent, but not from any biased source and certainly not the kind I have seen proposed.

Quote:
Santorum was mired in a residence controversy after stating that he spent only "maybe a month a year" at his Pennsylvania home.[94] Critics pointed out that Santorum himself had once denounced his former opponent U.S. Representative Doug Walgren for living away from his House district.[95] Critics also complained that Pennsylvania taxpayers were paying 80% of the tuition for five of Santorum's children to attend an online "cyber school"–a benefit available only to Pennsylvania residents.[96] After the Penn Hills school district challenged the Santorum's residency and billed Santorum $73,000, he withdrew the children from the cyber school, and suggested they were being used as political pawns by his opponents.[96]
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by richlevy; 02-26-2012 at 06:56 AM.
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote