View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #32
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
Money, schmunny. I want to know more about that Google thingamajig where you did that. Brilliant job, Bruce.
Moi? Nay nay, ZenGum posted the email that was going around last week, in which the author linked to the Google thingamajig he used to create the illustrations.

I did however find this;
Quote:
Therefore, a trillion dollars is ten billion (1010) $100 dollar bills, corresponding to a stack of bills 1200 km or 740 miles high! If the bills were $1 bills, there would be1012 (a trillion) of them, and they’d form a stack 74,000 miles high, or 30% the distance to the Moon!
Suppose the bills were joined end-to-end. Dollar bills are about 6 inches or 15 cm long, so 10 billion $100 dollar bills would form a belt 1.5 x 106 (1.5 million) km long. That’s about 900,000 miles long, almost four times the Earth-Moon distance.
And if you string a trillion $1 bills end-to-end, you’d get a belt o’ bills a hundred times longer than that, or about 90 million miles. You’re past Mars’s orbit and entering the asteroid belt going away from the Sun, and in the other direction, you’ve about reached the Sun!
My post referred to the 363 tons of $100 bills shipped to Iraq.
Attached Images