View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

What I Learned Today

Seeing as how the unexamined life is not worth living, let me tell you what I learned today: I learned that there are two different sorts of rail roads in India-one is regular sized and the other is smaller, track is different. You can't use both tracks for the same locomotive. This means that at times freight (or, people) must dis-embark from one train to re-embark on another simply because the track has changed. I learned that India likes this because it creates jobs (and providing jobs is the responsibility of the government, so the more the merrier). I also learned where all of the countries in Monsoon Asia are and I am learning why the American way of doing things cannot and does not work in other parts of the world (academic, I know, but I really am learning interesting things about different locales)--anyway, this is all very well and good. I love it. I've no idea what this has to do with my major, but, whatever.

What did you learn today?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote