View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Animals I'm okay with.
My triggers are mouth based.

Mouth noises - of all types.
If I dislike someone I can even recoil in disgust when they sneeze. Not from fear of being covered with sneeze - which would be logical - just from the fact they have made a noise.

Other noises associated with eating such as clicking of cutlery in an inappropriate place. The sound of my colleague scraping and scraping and scraping her yoghurt pot draws my face into a rictus of disgust.

Oh and crinkly packets. We have a snack box in the office, and when I hear someone rummaging around in there, trying to see what bags are left it drives me crazy.

I once had to leave a railway carriage because a man was eating a pasty from the wrapper, crinkling it, biting at it and dropping flakes of pastry on his coat, which he hunted up with his finger and ate with a satisfied "Mmuh, mmuh" sound. Reduced me almost to tears of anger, I honestly wanted to scream at him, but my throat had closed up.

A therapy-tainted housemate once told me this was a sign of repressed abuse. I just believe I'm naturally hard to live with.