View Single Post
Old 01-23-2002, 12:40 PM   #14
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Well much as I hate telemarketers my biggest beef is with companies that have you on their list when you're already a customer. The biggest offender for me has been Allstate. They usually have called once every 2 or 3 months to try to interest me in their car & home insurance. I would tell them politely that I was already a happy Allstate customer (yes, car AND home) and I wanted to get off their list so they wouldn't keep calling me. The last time I was already aggravated about something & I lost it and told the guy how many years I had had Allstate policies and exactly how many times I had gotten calls from them and requested that they remove me and exactly how long it was going to take me to switch to another insurance company if I ever got another call form them again. I was getting ready to tell him exactly what anatomical experiments he could perform with his telephone, but he was so apologetic and he actually sounded scared, so I let it go.

I was home on ML King day with my daughter.. by 9:30AM I'd gotten three sales calls & I started screening. I guess they figured people would be home.

Some time ago, we have started hanging up if we say Hello and there is not an immediate answer. This is usually a sure sign of a "call center" call.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote