View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #806
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I have a meeting at 10 that I'm very apprehensive about. I'm ill-prepared and frankly, what we're doing is useless, as the issues with reporting will be pretty much wiped out when we switch to semesters and summer term goes to the end of the reporting year.

I just don't want to be put on the firing line, and the Gestapo (newest manager)...well that's her style. Though she knows nothign about any of this process (and professes she doesn't NEED to understand what any of us do she just has to make us do it) and is not MY supervisor, I expect it to be uncomfortable. My boss will be there too and she generally has my back.

The office morale is at an all-time low. Most of us don't know how to goose-step, having been in careers for so long where we are actually expected to be the adults we are treated as. Micro-management has the opposite effect in this environment, folks. Grievances have been filed by many. Not by me, not yet anyway.

So wish me luck if you feel so moved. I typically get myself worked up over stuff before I need to, and I hope that this is just me doing just that. But...I don't know.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote