View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 11:08 PM   #119
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Re: Impeachment. This is sounding completely damning. Pelosi may have no choice about impeachment. I didn't want the Trumpbase fired up for fear of this country being unable to reunite but Trump's behavior seems to have tied everyone's hands. We are fucked.
Allegations always sound completely damning. Mueller proved how easily they can fall short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
They, Democrats (i.e. commies [dupes, sympathizers, & card carriers]) should pursue it zealously: ensure another four years for my employee.
Pelosi was previously reluctant to pursue impeachment despite all of the "completely damning" allegations circulating before. She knew an impeachment attempt could backfire. A political phone call by Trump, to the Ukrainian leader, doesn't change that: it's a red herring. What's changed is now that Pelosi has seen the presidential candidates on the national stage, she realizes that the Democratic presidential hopefuls are hopeless and she has nothing to lose by going for broke and pursuing impeachment even if it does backfire. If the House sends articles of impeachment to the Senate, the Senate will kill it anyway. That puts Trump in a position to say to Pelosi - Do you feel lucky, punk?
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote